People who dislike, for instance, wasp or bee stings or particular foods and who are at threat of a major allergy (an anaphylactic reaction) need to always bring an auto-injector or emergency situation pen with adrenaline (Epipen, Jext). to be able to inject yourself. An anaphylactic reaction is dangerous and can be deadly in the worst case.
Exactly what are the symptoms in an anaphylactic reaction?
– Itching, frequently with comprehensive inflammation of the skin and hives;
– Swelling, thickening of eyelids, lips, throat, hands or in other places;
– Intestinal grievances: pain, queasiness, throwing up, diarrhea;
– Breathing issues: chest pressure, wheezing, shortness of breath, blue lips, hoarseness, trouble in talking and swallowing;
– Dizziness, being less approachable, getting lost.
Exactly what should you do with an anaphylactic reaction?
With a minor response, ie if you just suffer from inflammation and itching, you can wait and see if you take an antihistamine tablet. That is a pill that lowers the allergic reaction. If in doubt, it is best to go to a doctor or emergency room as a safety measure.
In case of a severe reaction such as swelling of the throat or shortness of breath or the tendency to faint, utilize the emergency situation pin.
It might be that the reaction just happens after a couple of minutes. Always remove the protective cap from the pen and wait for any allergic reaction. If the reaction is restricted to the insertion website or if only your skin reacts, you do not need to utilize the emergency pen Then put the protective cap back on the pen.
As soon as the reaction spreads outside the skin, ie if there is obvious swelling of the throat or shortness of breath or a propensity to fainting, you must utilize the adrenaline auto-injector.
How does the emergency pen work?
The auto-injector consists of adrenaline (or epinephrine).
– Eliminate the safety cap.
– Place the pen with the side where the needle is, perpendicular to your thigh. If it can be done quickly, uncover thigh, if not through the clothes.
– Push the pen so that the needle ejects (‘click’) and keep the pen continued your leg for 10 seconds so that the adrenaline enters your body. This happens automatically.
– Pull the needle out perpendicularly and massage the spot for ten seconds.
– Warn your doctor as quickly as possible after usage or call 100 or 112. The impact of the syringe is just short-term, so you always have to be examined by a physician and potentially treated further.
If you utilize the adrenaline cars and truck/ injector incorrectly, so without an anaphylactic response, this is typically not an issue. You may experience palpitations and possible headaches for a couple of minutes, as if you were badly stunned.
The Epipen can just be utilized when. If the needle has come out in the pen, you should buy a new one.
The Epipen is just readily available if it has been recommended by your doctor or specialist.
Discover how to utilize the emergency pen.
You can ask your physician or pharmacist for an emergency pen fitness instructor. These workout pens (“Epipen Trainer” for Epipen ® and the “Jext Simulator” for Jext ®) include no needle or epinephrine, and can be bought complimentary of charge by the physician or pharmacist from Meda (“Epipen Trainer”), see www.medapharma.be) or the business ALK (“Jext Simulator”, see www.life-saver.org ).
With the fitness instructor you can practice to get experience, so that you can act quickly if required.
Likewise make certain that member of the family and, if possible, kids and other individuals directly involved can deal with the syringe.
Emergency pen: ways to utilize?
Location the pen with the side where the needle is, perpendicular to your thigh. If it can be done rapidly, reveal thigh, if not through the clothes. Push the pen so that the needle shoots out and keep the pen pressed on your leg for ten seconds so that the adrenaline enters your body. Again utilize Epipen if no improvement after 5 minutes.
Warn your physician as quickly as possible after use or call 100 or 112. The effect of the syringe is just temporary, so you constantly have to be examined by a medical professional and possibly dealt with further.
If you utilize the adrenaline cars and truck/ injector improperly, so without an anaphylactic response, then this is normally not a problem, you will discover that you will experience palpitations for a few minutes and possibly headaches, as if you were significantly surprised.
The Epipen can just be utilized once. If the needle has actually come out in the pen, you should acquire a new one. The Epipen is only offered if it has been prescribed by your physician or expert.